Below we provide a list of recent documents concerning Eastern Baltic Cod (EBC), with the date of publication or corresponding meeting for each document.
We think it will aid clarity and discussion to put these documents in one place online. We hope that if all stakeholders see the same documents they may more easily share a common understanding and take joint initiatives to save what can be saved of Eastern Baltic Cod.
Most of these documents are already available online, but in various places.
The documents are listed below:
– PDF copies can be downloaded.
– At the bottom of the article we also include the web links to the original online versions when we have them. This article will be a living document and additional information will be added as and when it becomes available.
- Conclusions from the BSAC workshop on Eastern Baltic Cod on 29 Jan 2019.
- Report back to BSAC members from observers to the WKBALTCOD2 – ICES benchmark on Baltic cod Feb 2019.
- Letter by Baltic NGOs to Commission on 14 Feb 2019.
- Press release by Baltic NGOs re Eastern Baltic Cod on 21 Feb 2019.
- Commission response to Baltic NGOs on 13 March 2019.
- Letter from the Commission to Chairs of BALTFISH and BSAC on 27 Feb 2019.
- BSAC reply to Commission re Eastern Baltic cod on 22 March 2019.
- Letter from BSAC to Commission and BALTFISH regarding January workshop on Eastern Baltic cod on 4 March 2019.
- Letter of reply from BALTFISH to BSAC on 26 March 2019.
- Low Impact Fisheries of Europe: Final call for Eastern Baltic cod on 15 March 2019
- Document describing the ICES benchmark process.
- Document with the wording of articles 12 & 13 of the CFP.
- Letter to Fisheries Ministers of EU Member States in the Baltic Sea region from NGO coalition on 11 April 2019.
- Excerpts: Conclusions and findings of ICES benchmark report on Eastern Baltic cod on 5 April 2019
- ICES benchmark report for Eastern and Western Baltic cod stocks on 5 April 2019
Original sources for the numbered documents listed above can be found here: