FishSec is recruiting an international campaign coordinator and communications expert, initially to lead and support our Return of the cod-project. You will coordinate and support a network of highly qualified fisheries policy experts in our project partner organisations across the Baltic Sea countries.
The challenge: to make EU member states across the Baltic region implement measures, based on the best available science, that help the collapsed Baltic cod stocks to recover. A key milestone if we are to save both the Baltic Sea and it´s fishing communities.
The superhero we are looking for should have:
- Great communicating skills, experience in producing engaging press releases, web articles, tweets and Facebook posts
- Excellent English, spoken and written – think journalism/copywriting
- Ability to lead and coordinate an international campaign team distributed in eight countries, set up digital meetings, provide comms support, follow up, outreach and advice for partners, etc.
- Experience of policy work (preferably fisheries) within the EU, a national government or other organisation. Good understanding of EU political and regulatory processes.
- Skills in extracting and summarising key issues in scientific and policy papers in a way that makes it easy to understand
- A lot of positive energy and a strong will to make a difference
At FishSec we believe change happens through a participatory, inclusive and fair process. We are convinced that improving our marine environment and fisheries need a broad stakeholder process.
This is a permanent full-time position. Collective agreements apply. Our office is located in central Stockholm, Sweden. We prefer electronic applications, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 january, 2022. We would like you to start as soon as possible.
For questions please contact Jan Isakson, FishSec Director. email@example.com or +46 (0)70 608 74 83 or Sara Söderström, policy officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0)70 440 41 86
FishSec – The Fisheries Secretariat, is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the protection and restoration of marine ecosystem services, with a focus on fisheries. Our long-term goal is well managed seas with rich biodiversity and thriving fish stocks to secure healthy and local seafood to consumers and a sustainable fishing sector. We advocate for fisheries working within the limits of the marine ecosystem, preserving marine resources as well as their habitats. www.fishsec.org